- How many miles does the current motor oil have on it? How does it look on the dipstick? Highway miles are much, much easier on a vehicle. All the engine has to do is maintain a steady speed and steady RPM range, even if it’s a higher speed. That’s much less stress on the engine, transmission and driv ...[more]
- Smoke: There are a few different reasons that a vehicle might smoke through the tailpipe, and three different colors of smoke that can all indicate different things. White smoke means that coolant is entering ...[more]
The days are getting longer and the temperatures are starting to rise…meaning it’s time to start thinking about how to keep your car cool! At Don Owen Tire, we do a lot of AC work as part of auto repair in Bloomington, IL, and we know that nobody likes riding around in a car that’s hot and stuffy with AC that isn’t performing well. We’d like to suggest a few ideas to help your car’s AC do its job better and help you avoid costly auto repair:
- In some respects, your car’s AC system is a heat exchanger that replaces the hot air in the vehicle with cold air from the system. An easy way to improve the efficiency of that process is to reduce the buildup of heat during the day by parking in the shade with the windows cracked an inch or two. As you drive the first f ...[more]
Everyone looks forward to Independence Day…for many folks, it’s the real kickoff of summer, and of course the whole family loves the barbeque, fireworks and fun of July 4. At Don Owen Tire in Bloomington, IL, we wanted to do a quick roundup of July 4 traditions in a few towns around Central Illinois:
- Bloomington, IN – The “other Bloomington” will be host to its annual Fourth of July Parade, with entries that include floats, equestrian groups, classic cars, marching bands, and other entries to show their patriotism and love of the Bloomington community. The parade begins at 10 a.m. and is preceded by a concert by the Bloomington Community Band, beginning at 9 on the courthouse square.
- Streat ...[more]
Summer’s here, and that means it’s time for weekend road trips and longer vacation drives. Is your car ready? Don Owen Tire is offering some discounts this summer to help you get on the road and save a few bucks at the same time:
- Oil Change – Every car likes to run on a crankcase full of clean, fresh motor oil. Prevent buildup of gunk and sediment in your engine this summer with an oil change…and Don Owen Tire will sweeten the deal a little with a $5-off coupon (offer good through 8/31).
- Brake Service – Don’t take chances on your brakes and your safety. If you’re noticing changes in braking performance or hearing noises from your brakes that weren’t there a month or two ago, it m ...[more]
|<< Previous||1 2 3 4 5 6 7||Next >>|