Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for the Car Guy
Guys can be tough enough to buy for as it is. If your guy is a car guy, though, it actually might be a little easier to pick out some gift ideas to make him smile on Valentine’s Day:
· Headlight restoration: When the industry standard went from sealed-beam headlights to halogen lamps with plastic lenses sometime in the 80s, it was a real boon for automotive stylists since they could incorporate the Euro-style lenses into a vehicle’s aerodynamics much more easily. Unfortunately, those lenses tend to yellow and oxidize after enough time and exposure to UV rays. A headlight restoration can make all the difference in visibility!
· Car cover: Just the thing for a project car that doesn’t get driven a lot but needs protection from the elements, a car cover keeps it under wraps and out of the weather.
· Tool kit: The good news is that a set of decent-quality tools isn’t nearly as expensive as it was at one time. Don’t just spring for the cheapo tools that are inevitably going to break…get him a set of wrenches, screwdrivers and sockets that he can get some use out of the next time something goes wrong or needs adjusting.
· Jump starter: This one’s practical and may just save the day sometime. A jump starter box means that he won’t have to rely on the kindness of strangers with jumper cables if his battery dies, and he might just be able to help out another driver in need.
· Oil change: It’s not terribly romantic, but an oil change is one of those things that can help keep that vehicle on the road longer and helps save money by heading off premature engine wear.
· Tire rotation: We listed these right next to each other for a reason. Tire rotations need to be done at about 6,000 mile intervals, and so do oil changes. Since the car’s already up on a lift for the oil change, why not do the rotation as well?
· Detailing: There’s nothing like driving a spotless car…and there’s nothing like not having to do it yourself. Detailing that car is sort of like a spa day, pampering it and having it come out fresh at the end.
We hope this gives you a few ideas on how to hit the right notes with your car guy on Valentine’s Day this year. Give us a call and make an appointment!